The Curtis Funeral Home with over 150 years of service, was founded in 1865 by John M. Curtis. He was followed in the business by his son, Alexander H. Curtis, who also had two sons enter the family business. John David Curtis and Charles V. Curtis ran the family business together until the 1920’s, at which time John sold his interest and moved to Augusta, Georgia. He then became owner and operator of Platt’s Funeral Home. Charles V. Curtis ran the family business in Thomson until his death in 1938, when his widow Mrs. Macie Wylie Curtis, took over the day to day operations of the funeral home. She ran the funeral home until 1947, at which time her nephew, Mr. Buddy Wylie, entered the business. In 1960, Mr. Buddy Wylie moved to Augusta and Mr. Johnny Hadden joined the business to take his place and eventually became a partner with Mrs. Curtis and faithfully served the families of Curtis Funeral Home for over 25 years before he retired in 1982. In 1977, Mrs. Curtis' great-nephew, Mr. John Foster Wylie, joined the Curtis Funeral Home and upon Mr. Hadden's retiring, he and his father operated the business until his father retired in 1985. Since that time Mr. John Foster Wylie has taken over the family business.